My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I Am,
The King of glory and of grace
One in Himself I can not die.
Easter this morning was not quite how I pictured it in my mind. Andrew started with a fever last night so wasn't going to be able to go to church. Poor little guy is still sick. I thought that we would give the boys their Easter baskets this morning before church, enjoy church together as a family, and the boys would be wearing their Easter outfits. Well, I dropped Hunter off in his class and Andrew was wearing his pajamas because Nathan and I mis-communicated about who was going to stay with Andrew. Nathan sat by himself in the service and I ended up taking the boys home half-way through the service b/c A was getting worse. Anyways, it was a great reminder that it's not about Easter baskets, cute outfits and even singing "Easter songs" and listening to a great sermon. None of these things are obviously wrong, and many are great and needed (cor prate worship). However, they aren't necessary for me to still remember that I have the great privilege to be the daughter of a KING. A king who came to our dirty, sinful earth so he could lead a sinless life and die an incomprehensible death for me-the chief of sinners. Oh how grateful that my Savior died for me, paid the price of death so I can have life. And on today, when we celebrate the risen Lamb, I hope I can remember to live life to the fullest and abundantly to bring HIM glory.
And just because I am stubborn, I put Andrew in his outfit to we could take a quick family picture.
happy easter!
1 comment:
our Easter didn't turn out like i had ideally planned in my mind, either! (more on that soon on my blog) you're right...not having Easter the way i wanted it was a good reminder to me, too, of what the gospel really is (and is not) about. hope andrew feels better soon!
Post a Comment