Sunday, August 26, 2012

Goshen Pass







Well, surprise, another outing in the outdoors. One might think that I am an "outdoorsy" girl based on how much time we spend outside. Truth is- I'm not so much. The main reason is that I'm deathly afraid of snakes. When we hike in the mountains and go to the river I'm constantly looking for a snake nearby. We went to Goshen Pass and had a great time. Linden and I didn't get in the river, we just hung out on the rocks. There were so many rocks around us that of course, I knew a snake could be anywhere. So, I kept a constant eye out and even heard a ratlle noise. I then convinced myself it is just some kind of bug making that noise.
So, we had a fabulous time cooking our salmon dinner in the picnic area and playing in the water. We got home and started talking to our neighbor about where we were. His response- oh yeah, did you know they've seen rattlesnakes out there. Um, NO, of course I didn't know that. I wouldn't have stepped foot out there. My neighbor felt really bad b/c he forgot I was so afraid and he apologized to Nathan, knowing I'm not going out there any time soon. :)

No comments: