January 1 has brought up much thought and emotion with Nathan and I. We have big things ahead for us this year. I'm guessing most of you know, but if you don't, we are moving. Moving to a different city AND a different state. Moving to a different state is a big deal for me since I have only lived in North Carolina. We are moving to Virginia! It's pretty crazy. We have been praying for quite some time about where God would have us and He has through many different circumstances made it abundantly clear where we are called to go. So, leaving a place that you've lived in for 6.5 years as a married couple and almost 25 years total is sure to bring out much emotion. I will write more about our move as things progress along.I was reading Ann Voskamp's blog about a new year and, of course, she puts things beautifully:
"There’s only one address anyone lives at and it’s always a duplex: Joy and pain always co-habit every season of life. Accept them both and keep company with the joy while the pain does it’s necessary renovations.
...koinonia, it’s Greek for union — “communion.” That I never stop needing that: communion with God every moment of the year. That ‘koinonia’ means too — community, communicate.
That I need community with the Body to stay attached to the head, Christ. That I need to to dig deep channels of communication between my God, my children, my husband. A three-fold cord — communion, community, communication — ‘koinonia’ may be this lifeline that careening days can hold on to."
Well, if I'm going to steal an idea from someone, she's a good one to steal from. Koinonia is going to be my focus for 2012. I need more communion with God. Plain and simple- moving or not, but even more when going through this transition. Community: As I begin to say good-bye to those around me who I cherish, I want to end my time and relationships well here. It's easy to just shut the door, but to continue to invite people in during our last weeks here is vital. Also, a new community! We know from moving to Durham how long it takes to form deep relationships. God is SO good and has already provided women in our new community who are deeply encouraging and I can't wait to be in community with our new friends. And lastly: communication. This entire process has forced Nathan and I to communicate with each other what our hopes and fears are and sometimes in a very honest way. We must continue to communicate with each other during this transition time. Also, I have been blown away at what Hunter is taking in. He's quite the listener in the car- when I don't think he is listening. He thought Daddy was taking his toys to the dump in the U-Haul since I didn't make it clear that he went to the dump first and then came back and loaded up stuff for our storage unit. Poor guy. Yes, I need to work on communicating more.
That's a lot of writing for me, and if anyone is still reading this- I'm amazed. Happy 2012!!
3 comments:
Yippy! Where in VA?????
I will be praying for all this change. Keep us updated on the blog!!
This is huge and so exciting. Sending you all lots of love...
Post a Comment