Monday, May 16, 2011

Strawberry Picking







We went to pick strawberries last Friday. Nathan joined us this year, which was great since Hunter wasn't too interested in the strawberries. Andrew on the other hand, was in heaven. He loves fruit and really loves strawberries. As soon as he figured out how to grab the strawberries, he was just giddy that he could eat so many. Thankfully, I remebered to put the boys in red. Too bad Nathan didn't follow my advice to also wear red-Andrew covered his shirt and shorts in red juice. I also remembered to pick the berries early this year, so we hit it at peak ripeness and they are so delish.

1 comment:

Judi said...

Adorable kids . . . beautiful pictures! They bring to mind a favorite family story of picking strawberries with Rik and Ginger's family when Amy was about two. The owner of the strawberry farm was quite the crabby lady, very concerned about weights and regulations regarding gorging while picking, and she asked Amy if she had picked any strawberries. Amy replied, "I don't pick 'em; I just eat 'em."