Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Andrew's Baptism

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

On April 11, Andrew Wilson was baptized. Our head pastor, David Bowen, performed the baptism. It was a special time to have both of our boys up there and for Andrew to enter our covenant family.
Andrew's name means manly: strong and courageous. Joshua 1:9 is quite a fitting verse for him. Our prayer for Andrew is that he would always know and love God. That he would love the church and that he would love his brother and have a strong bond with Hunter.
On a funny note: As soon as Andrew was baptized, Nathan turned to the another family, the Goldens, to baptize their precious girl. I knew this could be tricky since I would have both of them by myself on stage. Hunter wanted to go to the other side and play the drums (shocking). I had a death grip on his hand while he was trying to move my hand with his other hand. Thankfully, Nathan started praying. David had moved in closer to me so he could take Andrew since he saw my little angel wasn't exactly cooperating. When Nathan had started praying, he took Hunter's other hand. Oh boy-Hunter thought it was now time to start swinging back and forth, back and forth! David decided to take Andrew so I could pick Hunter up. Hopefully, no one saw much of this (except of course for my family, who were watching Hunter quite intently). It was a funny story to tell. One of many stories that I'm sure we will have of the pastor's kid.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I saw it! Just goes to show who doesn't close their eyes during prayer...especially baptism prayers. You just never know what the kids'll do, although I have to say, Hunter's performance takes first place in my book. Hee.

mari said...

CONGRATULATIONS! we miss you guys and wish we were there!

Kaylyn Fernandez said...

That is too funny! I wish I could have been there. Andrew is getting so big and he is so adorable. Love keeping up with your dear family through the blog. Congratulations on Andrew's baptism.