Saturday, May 19, 2012

Their Mom

              Mr. Independent didn't want in the Mother's Day picture and he let us know that!


What a privilege it is to be the mom of these 2 boys. I never pictured myself having 2 boys in a row, but oh, am I so glad that God allowed me to. These two wear me out, drain the little bit of energy I have, push my buttons and test my patience level on a daily basis. They help me see that life is not about my happiness, how much laundry is done for the day, how much of our dinner is organic and homemade or how many neat and tidy the house is. They do not care. They want my attention- to show me all the cicadas outside, to watch them fly down the hill on the bike, to show me how tall the lego tower is or how many trains are connected together. The perfectionist in me wants it all and I've realized that it's simply not possible. It's not possible for me- or anyone else that I compare myself to. The most important thing is for me to be focused on Christ so that I have more patience and fresh eyes to see what He would have me to see.
Boys- it is an honor to be your mom and I love watching you grow up everyday. You bring so much joy and delight into my life and I'm so thankful for that!

1 comment:

LuLaRoeMeg said...

Amen! Thanks for a good reminder!