Sunday, February 19, 2012

You've Got a Friend





Our dear friend Sandy had a brunch for Lisa and I in January. It was the highlight of my month.(Well, let's be honest that and finding out about my girl!) Many of my favorite people were gathered in one place for a sweet time of fellowship. There were friends who were our age and dear ones who have mentored us throughout our time at CGS. Times like this are what put the bitter in bittersweet. Although it has taken years to get to know these friends, I can't imagine living life without them. It's hard to imagine that when we moved to Durham 6.5 years ago, I just cried on our couch because I didn't know anyone here. I didn't have any friends, we were so lonely. How faithful the Lord is to have provided so many dear friends over our time here. We have one more week at church and as I slowly say good-bye, the tears will quickly be shed over the joy of these friendships and the loss of them on a daily/weekly basis.
It's with these friends who walked with my through losing my first baby in a miscarriage. It's with these friends that I've celebrated the birth of my two boys. It's with these friends who I've learned how to be a mom. It's with these friends who I've been honest and real with about life with young kids.

What a gift we have shared.

No comments: