Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Curious George

I must begin this saying that Hunter loves, i mean LOVES Curious George. On Saturday, Curious George was coming to a kids toy store. I have been looking forward to this for weeks! I thought Hunter would love to see a big, huge to him, George.

My first clue that he wouldn't love George was when we were at Chick-fil-A and he was afraid of the cow. He has this love-hate. We went and ate our lunch and the whole time he would not stop looking or talking about the cow and he finally went to go see him.



We got to the store early to see CG and Hunter decides to walk in front of all the kids to get on a phone that they had up front. Clearly he is not afraid of being in front of a crowd. The next minute he couldn't see me (think many many kids and their parents in a tiny store) and started crying. He doesn't do this. Then when CG came out, he wanted me to hold him. He found a play snake in the store and decided to walk up front and show George. See love-hate. Thankfully he didn't make it all the way up front. I had to sit on the floor and hold him with me. Did I mention that Nathan was out of town and I am doing this by myself while holding a 3 month old who want to move. Yeah, I won't be doing this again any time soon.

So time to take a picture with George. I had this great image of Hunter smiling big with G. We could hang it on the fridge or he could put it in his photo book that he carries around. But not so fast mom. "Hunter, do you want to go sit on George's lap?" NO!!-along with many tears. I thought that he might actually go near him because his friends were with him. He would have nothing to do with him. Finally, while I was holding him, he gave George a high five.

So much for a great picture with George. This is just a tiny glimpse of how I have a picture of things and how they don't turn out quite as intended.

The picture with George and Jack, Josiah and Kai

No comments: